Ah, the springtime high school grads are off and running. To college or to new jobs. Time to flex those wings, dear ones, and fly in the direction of what you want.
* College is great…but a college degree is NO indication of future success.
* Your current job is but a transition…to the next job or business.
* Success is being, doing and having whatever you want.
* Your success is yours to have…or neglect to have.
I love young people (regardless of their age.) I love hanging around people who make things happen and step boldly in the direction of their dreams. As David Morelli says, “Everything is energy and energy is contagious.” As the world turns and the seasons shift, it’s a good time to assess our lives and reconnect with what we really want. Marla, one of my bffs, chose to move to Singapore this August. Time from decision to move? 3 months. Neat! Way to stay young, Miss M! Another bff, Larry, chose to ditch new construction – cold turkey – and reinvent his service and replacement business. Atta boy, Larry!
And, the photo above is the high school picture of another one of my bffs. This fellow is creating yet another business empire…the latest in a string of successful career adventures. All the best to you! (And a free book to whoever recognizes this business icon and sends me an email with his name!) HINT: He has since ditched the mullet.
Here’s to new beginnings!
PS…the Velvet Rope comes down on 9.8.2010… Get More Calls NOW!
Latest posts by Ellen Rohr (see all)
- Dumb Systems Torture Team Members - July 29, 2014
- Are Your Employee Wages Top Secret? - July 23, 2014
- From Business Plan…to a great JOB! - July 10, 2014
- Sales Tip: Don’t Let Your Customer Make a Bad Decision - July 3, 2014
- Time Management Strategies with Kenny Chapman - June 17, 2014