When I first visited CCA Davis Correctional, what struck me is how much the guys “inside” look like everyone else “outside.” For some, being incarcerated is the only way to keep society safe. For others, once they’ve served their sentence, they should be free and welcome to reenter society. But…would you hire an ex-con? Probably not. And if they can find jobs, it’s usually minimum wage positions. It’s hard not to see poverty as a core cause of criminal behavior. So, how to break the cycle? It takes a willing man with a plan!
We are working on a documentary about the Biz Plan Challengers at CCA Davis. Here’s a sample clip of one of the fellows sharing his hopes and his business plan – for a better future.
Latest posts by Ellen Rohr (see all)
- Dumb Systems Torture Team Members - July 29, 2014
- Are Your Employee Wages Top Secret? - July 23, 2014
- From Business Plan…to a great JOB! - July 10, 2014
- Sales Tip: Don’t Let Your Customer Make a Bad Decision - July 3, 2014
- Time Management Strategies with Kenny Chapman - June 17, 2014